2nd Annual Conference of Monetary and Economic Research Center
Monetary and Economics Scientific Conference –
Economic lessons, perspectives and challenges from the Balkans
13-14th October 2016, Sofia
Organized by Monetary and Economic Research Center
INFER supported event
It is a pleasure to invite you to “Monetary and Economics Scientific Conference – Economic lessons, perspectives and challenges from the Balkans”. The conference is organized by the Monetary and Economic Research Center (MREC) and will take place at the University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria on 13-14th October, 2016.
This conference provides an opportunity for all researchers interested in contemporary issues of monetary and economic problems to discuss their research and to exchange ideas. Researchers are invited to submit both empirical and theoretical papers that are broadly consistent with the conference’s topic`s
Papers from all the following fields may be submitted:
- Monetary and Financial Economics
- International Economics
- Economic History and History of Economic Thought
- Management& Marketing
The conference is open to anybody involved in these research areas, including both young and experienced researchers, Ph.D. students, post-doctoral researchers, and professionals from business, government and non-governmental institutions.
We are happy to welcome the following internationally distinguished keynote speakers:
- Jean Paul Pollin, Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of Orleans, former President of French Economic Association and Chief Editor of Revue Economique, one of most renewed specialist on money, credit and banking in France. His recent research is on banking regulation and safety net.
- Bruno Theret, Emeritus CNRS Researcher, one of most original interdisciplinary French social scholar. He is working currently on money and politics, and particularly on monetary federalism as institutional solution for the Eurozone problems.
- Xavier Richet, Emeritus professor, University Sorbonne nouvelle, Paris, Jean Monnet Chaire ad personam, distinguished scholar on Eastern Europe and Balkans economies
MRC was established in the end of 2014 as part of the University of National and World Economy, Sofia. The goal of the MRC is to develop the scientific research in the field of monetary theory, policy, and history providing opportunities for decent research publications of young and senior researchers, as well as providing high level forum discussions.
Submission guide and Important Dates
- Proposals should be submitted in English to conference.mrcenter.info
no later than August, 10th 2016.
- Approval/Disapproval of the proposal will be send by August 25th
- Completed papers together with the registration form should be sent to email@example.com by September 30th.
- The proposal identification and the complete paper must be attached as a Word document.
- The proposal identification should be between 300 and 500 words.
- The complete paper must be no more than 20 pages.
- The proposal identification should be submitted in accordance with the attached Model Submission file.
- Papers will be published on the website of the MRC Working Papers.
- Selected papers will be published in a special issue of Economic Alternatives Journal (http://www.unwe.bg/eajournal/en )
- Registration fee – 90 EUR
- For early registration, INFER members and PhD students– 60 EUR paid till September 15th.
- Late Registration /at the desk/ – 90 EUR
- Participants from UNWE and other Bulgarian institution could ask for scholarships and discounted rates.
The registration fee covers:
- Participation in the conference and materials
- Publication of paper
- Dinner on 13th October
- Coffee/tea and refreshments for both days
- Buffet luncheons (Thursday&Friday)
You may find on the website of the conference information on a partner hotel and preferential rates..
Questions about INFER may be directed to the Chair of the Workshop Committee, Elias Soukiazis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the Chair of INFER, Camelia Turcu (email@example.com).